When we see the prejudices and oddities of our friends we realize that we are that rare thing, a perfectly sane and normal person. But strange to say our friends do not agree with us.
— from Thoughts in a Dry Season, by Gerald Brenan
1. I hate for my email inbox to contain more than 4 items at any one time (though it often does)
2. I can’t stand banana-flavored anything, but I regularly eat bananas themselves
3. I make my bed before I get out of it
4. I always eat Starburst in a particular order – cherry, orange, lemon, strawberry (this also requires that I eat Starburst only in multiples of four)
5. I eat the edges off the Fig Newtons first
6. I can’t sleep with my feet outside the blanket, and even having socks on does not fool my body into believing my feet are covered
7. I must always walk on the right side of people (this is a remnant from when I could only hear in my left ear, but I still do it now even though my implant is on the right side)
8. My movies and CDs are all arranged alphabetically, but my books are not
Come on, spill: what silly things make people think you’re crazy?