I have always imagined that Paradise would be a kind of library.
— Jorge Luis Borges
What I’m reading right now:
- 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12, by Thomas W. Phelan
- The Year of Silence, by Madison Smart Bell
- The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl, by Timothy Egan
- A Spool of Blue Thread, by Anne Tyler
What I’ve read this year:
- The Interestings, by Meg Wolitzer
- The Royal We, by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan
- The Real Doctor Will See You Shortly: A Physician’s First Year, by Matt McCarthy
- A Few Seconds of Radiant Filmstrip: A Memoir of Seventh Grade, by Kevin Brockmeier
- Furious Love: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and the Marriage of the Century, by Sam Kashner and Nancy Schoenberger
- The Girl on the Train, by Paula Hawkins
- Notes to Boys: And Other Things I Shouldn’t Share in Public, by Pamela Ribon
- If you want to know what I was like in high school, just read this book. You will laugh, cry, and cringe, as Pamie relives her high school years through drafts of letters to boys that she saved. There’s a sex talk between her and her dad that will make you wish the floor could swallow you up just imagining it happening to you.
- Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
- Sense and Sensibility, by Jane Austen
- Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
- All Fall Down, by Jennifer Weiner
- Why Girls are Weird, by Pamela Ribon
- When It Happens to You: A Novel in Stories, by Molly Ringwald (yes, that Molly Ringwald)
What are you reading?