I had taken two finger bowls of champagne, and the scene had changed before my eyes into something significant, elemental, and profound.
— from The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Hey – I totally didn’t mean to miss last week – sorry about that! It was New Year’s Eve and I spent all day running errands and cooking and then having dinner with David and watching movies, and I just plain forgot. So, to make it up to you, here’s a double shot:
1. the sound of a champagne cork popping
2. kissing the person you love at midnight
3. homemade macaroni and cheese
4. panoramic photos
5. the Nintendo DSi David got me for Christmas – boring commutes are a thing of the past!
6. when the CostCo coupons are for stuff you actually regularly buy at CostCo
That’s what I was/am happy about/grateful for last/this week – what have you got?