“I’ll come to your birthday party and do an interview for a hot dog and a glass of orange juice.”
— Chris Jericho, pro-wrestler, on his willingness to do whatever it takes to give an interview
I’ve got some pictures and stories from Michigan to get up, but for now, let’s play the interview game. Jane did it first, then Lydia, then Julie, then Lyrically. Now it’s my turn (my questions came from Julie).
1. If you had a genie with three wishes, what would they be? Wishes that you can’t pick are: more wishes, cash, and world peace.
I’m also going to abide by the rules of Aladdin: genies can’t grant wishes to kill people, bring people back from the dead, or make someone fall in love with you.
Hands down, my first wish would be that I could have my hearing back. That’s a no-brainer. My second wish would be that I could, somehow, be able to see how the lives of the Princess and the Conductor, and my eventual children, turn out. My third wish would be to have one year to travel wherever I wanted, all expenses paid (that’s not the same as wishing for cash, is it?).
2. If you could be one person for 24 hours, who would you be and why?
I don’t know. Maybe Jennifer Garner? She’s married to Ben Affleck, and I’ve loved him for a long time. But I’d like to specify that I would not like the 24 hours of her life that involves giving birth to her new baby.
3. What is the one material possession you have that you can’t live without?
I’m not sure there’s anything that I literally couldn’t live without, but I sure do love my iPod and the fact that it connects directly to my processor so that the music basically goes right into my brain.
4. What is your most favorite song ever?
5. If you found a baby on your doorstep, what would you do?
This was surprisingly easy – call the police. One of the books I read recently – Blessings, by Anna Quindlen – was about this exact thing. He did not call the police, but how could you just take a baby in without anyone wondering where it came from?
Want to play?
1. You leave me a comment saying “Interview me!”
2. I choose 5 questions and email them to you.
3. You post the answers on your blog.
4. You include this explanation and offer to interview others.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you email them 5 questions and the fun begins again!