Most modern calendars mar the sweet simplicity of our lives by reminding us that each day that passes is the anniversary of some perfectly uninteresting event.
— Oscar Wilde
One year ago today, Hear Me in the Harmony was born. It seems both longer and more recent than that, but WordPress says it’s true. In honor of the day, I thought I’d share some HMITH trivia with you.
- I started over at Blogger and moved to WP on 12/15/07.
- Total number of posts: 132, including this one (that’s not so many; I wish I’d written more. Maybe this year.)
- Most viewed post: Seven Minutes in Heaven (which has more than twice the views of the next closest post, This Year’s Love)
- Total number of comments: 538
- Post with the most comments: Run For Your Life (followed closely by Who Are You, and Where Did You Come From?, one that’s very special to me)
- Most clicked link in my Blogroll: Things My Boyfriend Says (though that site hasn’t been updated in well over a year; maybe she broke up with her boyfriend?)
- The only post that doesn’t begin with a quote: Hey, It Doesn’t Hurt to Ask, Right?
- Most common search term used to reach HMITH: “white tiger,” with “white tigers” in second (Really? I mean, that’s weird, isn’t it? I have one picture of a white tiger, here, from my trip to Houston, but you know, not really being a blog about white tigers, I find this oddly troubling.)
- Funniest search term used to reach HMITH: I think it’s a tie between “ways to almost die,” “I have a crush on my dentist,” and “Michael Keaton saves woobie.”
- Best search term used to reach HMITH: This one’s easy – “Brian McCann”
- My favorite post: This one was tough, and I couldn’t choose just one – my favorites are Brothers and Sisters and Memory Lane of Men, Part 1.
The best part of blogging, though, has been getting to know so many of you through the comments and through your own blogs (because I’m always reading, even if I’m not writing). I love being part of your lives this way, and I’m so glad you’ve allowed me to share myself with you.