“Place settings (not plastic; all forks must have four prongs).”
- Van Halen 1982 tour rider, via The Smoking Gun
Today’s Writing Group prompt: Name 5 items you’d demand to have everywhere you went if you were famous enough to do so.
How fun is this? I love to read the stars’ riders and I wonder if it’s really true that, for example, Jennifer Lopez demands an all-white dressing room, right down to the flowers, or whether there’s any truth to the “only ___ colored M&Ms” rumors I’ve heard about any number of people. So, let’s see – what would I demand?
1. Cheese, obviously. Lots of cheese (I’m a simple girl – cheddar, smoked Gouda, Swiss – nothing too smelly or soft) and assorted crackers.
2. Champagne. Ever drink champagne straight from the bottle? Try it – it’s SO fun.
3. Chocolate fountain with assorted things for dipping – pretzel rods, strawberries, marshmallows, graham crackers, etc. I once went to a conference with one of these and a huge buffet of stuff to dip. It was, uh, not my finest moment.
4. Massage table with warming device and a massage therapist on call.
5. Game room – ping pong, pool, air hockey, puzzles, board games, cards, etc. – fun for all ages!
(I write each day’s post without looking to see what others in the group have said so far so as to avoid any undue influence. This was the first day I was sorely tempted to look first. I didn’t, though, and so I suspect my list is a bit pedestrian, but I’m really looking forward to seeing what everyone else came up with!)